Domestic Violence Information
Studies made in Mexico, show the magnitude of this problem:
- One out of 5 women has been a victim of an aggression by her current partner.
- One out of 3 has suffered from domestic violence by her partner in some time of her life.
- Approximately, 25% of these women were injured during thier most vulnerable stage: pregnancy.
- Only 18.6% of injured or battered women asked help due to lack of confidence or shame.
- In 74% of the cases, the leading aggresor was their partner, with women between the ages of 30 and 34 being the most affected group.
- One out of 5 women accepts a submissive role and believes that men have to show their partners that "he is in charge."